PEW PEW, The lack of.

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

ToiletDrinker
Neutral

PEW PEW, The lack of.

Post by ToiletDrinker »

I do understand that they could be procured with relative ease later in the game but, aren't they in Fallout universe, revered as magical tools due to their obvious rarity and supposed godly firepower? Boy is it hard to get my hands on something close to decent in the early part of the game. The very first energy weapon I got the honor of wielding is the awesome cool lookin' sleek black n' yellow retro Apollo Laser Pistol. Suffice to say, it works perfectly against rats and other critters that are shorter than my knees as would the cheaper more available 10mm pistol which begs the question "WWHHHHHHHHHY BOOOOOOTTHER!?!?"

And, oh god, then I accepted a job from the Crimson Caravan to Agque-agrue...rue...something, down south, there's this ghoul in power armor and..and..I I just thought maybe I should shoot the bloke for once so the caravan leader would actually pay me for 'work' and then I got the most wonderful pillar of text of 0 damage. I never laughed so hard in the dead of night. I do not recall how exactly I managed to escape while spawning about 5 hexes away from nearest ghoul with an LMG. I just did 3 pot shots at the big guy and scrammed to the exit.

I just wish starter EN weapons are better at something so players would be invested in them pretty PEW PEWS early on.
NovaRain
Liked

Re: PEW PEW, The lack of.

Post by NovaRain »

The weapon progression in both FO1 and 2 has never been friendly toward energy weapons, and the game balance is kinda f**ked for laser weapons because you can't use them against anything with metal armor or better efficiently.
I think it would be nice if apollo laser pistol can be upgraded with armor penetrate perk like the magneto laser pistol in FO2 in Sedit or Corath, at least energy weapon users will have some better chance to really hurt those power armored ghouls.
ToiletDrinker
Neutral

Post by ToiletDrinker »

I recently got this 10,000 cap Pulse Pistol, and its broken, like kills in 1 shot broken. Isn't the leap in firepower from a pea shooter to a point-and-delete thing kinda too much? Or am I missing some mid-tier weapons?
NovaRain
Liked

Post by NovaRain »

There are plasma pistols and light plasma rifles if you follow Imperial quest line.
ToiletDrinker
Neutral

Post by ToiletDrinker »

Is there a way to get the Pulse Pistol without starting the Hunters initiation process? I get this message from Anonym that she found out that I am in the process of joining the hunters and says that she won't give me quest anymore. Luckily I saved just before talking to Terrak and I haven't started the Hunters joining quest line.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

ToiletDrinker wrote:Is there a way to get the Pulse Pistol without starting the Hunters initiation process?
Yes, it is :-)
DoctorSticks
Accepted

Post by DoctorSticks »

For Small Guns, the Kriss Submachinegun is the best. Ignores most armor (thanks to the Penetrate Perk), and has good burst power.

For Big Guns, Gatling Destroyer kills entire groups of people (if they are not too well armored). Heavy Grenade Launcher is devastating against clusters of enemies.

For Energy Weapons......well you have to wait a while for the Plasma Cannon from Dernus, as all the other fun toys are in Rebirth.