How to pass Dernus?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Demo
Neutral

How to pass Dernus?

Post by Demo »

Hello everybody and thanks for this great mod!

I am at supermutant base and i can't pass Dernus anyway :/ No sneaking/ speech works. Do i have to max those skills or is there another way to pass him and get access to the computer?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: How to pass Dernus?

Post by Daemon »

Accept his quest or fight him and others.
brotherofnone
Neutral

Dernus/Camp of Mutants

Post by brotherofnone »

Hi,

Why can't I, as a Mutant Hunter, be loyal to Sebastian and tell him that Dernus and his mutants at the Camp of Mutants wants me to betray him?
I do not want to kill the supermutants without the help of the Mutant Hunters (I probably can't kill all of them alone) neither I want to betray Sebastian.
Is there any way to sneak in past Dernus? I tried with Sneak at 110% and couldn't. Is there any other way to get past Dernus that is not killing him or betraying Sebastian?

Thank you for this great game!
GarettZriwin
Accepted

Re: Dernus/Camp of Mutants

Post by GarettZriwin »

Because Mutant Hunters are basically supposed to eradicate any mutant on sight?
brotherofnone
Neutral

Post by brotherofnone »

Hi GarettZriwin

Thank you for your reply.

I understand your point, however Dernus doesn't know I am a Mutant Hunter. And even if, for the sake of being realistic -- meaning that the player who joins the Mutant Hunters is always a fanatic and not a mercenary/opportunist looking for money and better equipment -- eradicating them was my only option, why can't I ask for reinforcements with my fellow Mutant Hunters? I mean, being a Mutant Hunter isn't being suicidal, right? Other option could be to betray Dernus at the last moment in a kind of counter-ambush. Or maybe fixing the generator at the camp and hacking the console to control the turrets of the base. It seems there could be some interesting options for a character that is not very combat-oriented.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

When is Sebastian giving you the quest, he'll tell you that he can't spare his men for the attack on the supermutants. That Dernus wants to kill him isn't any new information for him, it comes with being a Hunter. So yeah, you have pretty much written all your options. There's a possibility to sneak past Dernus, you just need to be better at it.
Anyway, killing supermuntants by yourself isn't that hard as it may appear. And you don't have to kill them all anyway, you just need to get past Dernus and supermutants in the underground floor.
brotherofnone
Neutral

Post by brotherofnone »

Hey Daemon,
Thank you for your reply.
Do you know how much Sneak is required to sneak past Dernus? Even with 110% as soon as I get past the door he engages me in conversation.
Thank you again.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

brotherofnone wrote:Do you know how much Sneak is required to sneak past Dernus? Even with 110% as soon as I get past the door he engages me in conversation.
Way more :| And it's better to do it during the night.
brotherofnone
Neutral

Post by brotherofnone »

Done it (:
Sneak skill at 170%. Maybe a little lower would work too but I did not test it.
Thank you again!