Is there any general issue theme with a list of bug known?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

lukeg2
Neutral

Re: Is there any general issue theme with a list of bug know

Post by lukeg2 »

thank you for fast response. I only talk to this policeman and I had said that I had a private meeting with the sheriff, also I give God gives to one of the guards and bought gold from second. Maybe that will help with this bug.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Cylancer wrote:
Daemon wrote:He's always walking when I try it. You can have worn out mouse button, perhaps?
No, G5. I tried it at least 10 times before sending it. Later I tried it again and he was always walking. It seems to happen only after playing for some time. Even if this mouse is somehow faulty, that wouldn't explain it, because I use more than one mouse and more than one PC. If I run onto that bug again, I'll try to record it. Before I sent You that save, I tried to reproduce that thing at the place that annoyed me the most, that house with accountant in it. Whenever I tried to sneak to that policewoman outside, accountant saw me because I ran. When I loaded that save it worked fine.

I tried to reproduce the bug while recording (unsuccessfully), and found out when this occurs. Load the game (any save) enter sneak mode (1), and click. Press Esc key->l->Enter (if that save is marked). Click the mouse without moving. PC will move normally first time, but every reload, it will recognize click as second and run. Even tried this with accessibility option, using keyboard instead of the mouse, still happened. Bug presents no problem, since it is easy to avoid it, just click somewhere else and then that spot.
This “breaking sneak” bug annoyed me a lot while playing.
After reading the explanation above I went back in-game and tested if that causes the problem. And it's actually correct, just not in every detail.

I found that it's an engine or sfall problem, as I can reproduce it in the RP Mod, too, (dummy version, i.e. sfall 3.3, I believe). But the same happens in Resurrection (3.7.4, right?).

However, it has nothing to do with sneak, but for some reason, the game remembers the spot last clicked on, and when reloading, and clicking on the same spot, it registers as a double-click and the character runs.

This scenario is just very typical when sneaking. For example, you sneak, fail, reload, sneak and “happen” to click on the same spot again (which isn't unusual as sneaking can be precise, like the spot behind a NPC, or a certain gap, or as far away as possible etc.). Anyway, in that case the character will run and break “sneak mode”. Which can be infuriating. However, it can be avoided when clicking anywhere but the hex last clicked on.

So this isn't a Resurrection, but engine/sfall, problem that also occurs in the RP Mod.
NovaRain
Liked

Post by NovaRain »

Muttie wrote:This scenario is just very typical when sneaking. For example, you sneak, fail, reload, sneak and “happen” to click on the same spot again (which isn't unusual as sneaking can be precise, like the spot behind a NPC, or a certain gap, or as far away as possible etc.). Anyway, in that case the character will run and break “sneak mode”. Which can be infuriating. However, it can be avoided when clicking anywhere but the hex last clicked on.

So this isn't a Resurrection, but engine/sfall, problem that also occurs in the RP Mod.
That's an engine glitch, as it also happens in vanilla Fallout 2 (w/ official 1.02d patch and nothing else).