Top requirements for speech, science and repair

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

LGeo
Neutral

Top requirements for speech, science and repair

Post by LGeo »

Hello, Sirs!
First, I'd like to admit that the game is brilliant. Thank you for that piece of art, that was one of my best gaming experiences so far.
Second (there'll be spoilers), I am a little confusing about mastering skills such as speech, science, repair and, let's say, lockpicks. What are their reasonable maximums, required anywhere in game?
What I discovered during my first play through:
Lockpicks 90 is enough for any lock in the game (with tools in hands). May be less.
Science ~100 is enough for deactivating robots in Empire and handling PROGEMA. BTW, is it even possible to make those robots fight on your side? If yes, what skill is required?
Repair 100 (without tool) was enough to repair generator in PROGEMA, as well. (BTW, Is there a tool anywhere else in the game except Rebirth base? And what also can be repaired except that PROGEMA generator?)
You can convince Savoir that he's insane with Speech 138 (may be less, but that's what I had).
Please, share your experience. I would really appreciate any info about maximum skill levels required in Resurrection.
Cake is a lie.
sethmage
Neutral

Re: Top requirements for speech, science and repair

Post by sethmage »

I asked similar question, the highest skill check is 130
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=759
LGeo
Neutral

Post by LGeo »

Thanks a lot, it was helpful, but I'm still wondering about exact situations where those skills are being checked. It seems to be clear that you need Speech 130 for 6th lvl of Rebirth and for a full dialog with Savior, but I still don't see any use for 130% repair.
Science 130 is needed for that computer on the first lvl of Rebirth, you say. Anywhere else?
As for me, it seems that you really need to have only speech 130 to skim the cream off the game, while repair and science are normally could be set on 100 without any major losses.
sethmage
Neutral

Post by sethmage »

Remember, that you can get science and repair to 127 skill points with books alone (granted that will require some loot grinding), speech needs to be tagged with big guns OR energy weapons. The 3rd tag it's a toss between lockpicking, sneaking, doctor, traps and pickpocketing, since all of these have high check requirements at one point or the other
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

LGeo wrote:Hello, Sirs!
First, I'd like to admit that the game is brilliant. Thank you for that piece of art, that was one of my best gaming experiences so far.
Second (there'll be spoilers), I am a little confusing about mastering skills such as speech, science, repair and, let's say, lockpicks. What are their reasonable maximums, required anywhere in game?
What I discovered during my first play through:
Lockpicks 90 is enough for any lock in the game (with tools in hands). May be less.
Science ~100 is enough for deactivating robots in Empire and handling PROGEMA. BTW, is it even possible to make those robots fight on your side? If yes, what skill is required?
Repair 100 (without tool) was enough to repair generator in PROGEMA, as well. (BTW, Is there a tool anywhere else in the game except Rebirth base? And what also can be repaired except that PROGEMA generator?)
You can convince Savoir that he's insane with Speech 138 (may be less, but that's what I had).
Please, share your experience. I would really appreciate any info about maximum skill levels required in Resurrection.
Cake is a lie.
You also need 130 science to shut down generators on 6 floor or rebirth, you need more than 100% lock pick to hack the door to main reactor.
Wened
Accepted

Minimal required charisma for dialogues.

Post by Wened »

It turns out that Speech skill by itself is not enought to succed in persuading people.
On my first attempt i used that premade hero Winston (80 Speech, 9 Charisma) and was able to convince Alexis (in rat hole) to give me caps to buy ammo for her.
Later i tried a different hero to do the same (Speech 90, Charisma 2) and failed to convince her.

My question is. If Speech skill alone is not enough to succed how much charisma do i need pass every dialogue in this mod?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Minimal required charisma for dialogues.

Post by Daemon »

Charisma occasionally helps with initial reactions and someone may talk to you if you have high CHA who otherwise wouldn't or may talk to you differently. But for persuation itself, you need speech skill.
In this case, it's not only persuation, but also kind of business proposal, so you need decent barter skill as well.
Wened
Accepted

Post by Wened »

Daemon wrote:Charisma occasionally helps with initial reactions and someone may talk to you if you have high CHA who otherwise wouldn't or may talk to you differently. But for persuation itself, you need speech skill.
In this case, it's not only persuation, but also kind of business proposal, so you need decent barter skill as well.

So i can have abysmal charisma (2) as long as my barter and speech are both high?

Can someone post what are the minimall skill requirements for all dialogies and quests?

Somewhere on this forum i saw that 130 speech is enought. But what about other skills?

Are there any unique items or information that require high skills to obtain? (like high science to hack computers and uncover some secret informations)
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Wened wrote:So i can have abysmal charisma (2) as long as my barter and speech are both high?
High charisma can open options that wouldn't be available otherwise. That applies to intelligence as well. And sometimes other skills can be checked, not everything is about persuasion.
Wened wrote:Can someone post what are the minimall skill requirements for all dialogies and quests?
Making list of all skill checks in the game would be lot of work. I don't think anyone will create it. Maybe I'm wrong, but as far I know, nothing like that exists right now.
Wened wrote:Somewhere on this forum i saw that 130 speech is enought. But what about other skills?
In the case of hard checks, 130 is enough for all skills. But when comes to skill rolls done by the engine (like for combat skills and sneaking), you can benefit from even higher values of skills.
Wened wrote:Are there any unique items or information that require high skills to obtain? (like high science to hack computers and uncover some secret informations)
Yes.

btw. I have merged this topic with other topic where top skill requirement were discussed as well.
Wened
Accepted

Post by Wened »

Daemon wrote:
Wened wrote:So i can have abysmal charisma (2) as long as my barter and speech are both high?
High charisma can open options that wouldn't be available otherwise. That applies to intelligence as well. And sometimes other skills can be checked, not everything is about persuasion.
Any ide what would be minimal required charisma to have all these extra options?
Daemon wrote:
Wened wrote:Can someone post what are the minimall skill requirements for all dialogies and quests?
Making list of all skill checks in the game would be lot of work. I don't think anyone will create it. Maybe I'm wrong, but as far I know, nothing like that exists right now.
I ment only the highest required (so i know when to stop puting points in a skill), not for every single quest. But this topic already answered this question. I will aim for 130 in Science and speech, 100 repair, 90 lockpick and 100 barter.

Thank You.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Wened wrote:
Daemon wrote:
Any ide what would be minimal required charisma to have all these extra options?
I don't remember all of the exact places and numbers. But you don't miss anything essential with lower charisma.
Wened
Accepted

Post by Wened »

Daemon wrote: I don't remember all of the exact places and numbers. But you don't miss anything essential with lower charisma.
Good. Thank You.
hauzer
Neutral

Science and Speech over 100%

Post by hauzer »

Any point in leveling them past that mark?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Science and Speech over 100%

Post by Daemon »

Yes. Get them to 130 if you want to get maximum from those skills.
More info in this topic (with spoilers). I'll later merge this topic into that one.
hauzer
Neutral

Re: Science and Speech over 100%

Post by hauzer »

Ah. I've tried searching for similar threads, but obviously failed. Thanks.