Help Rebirth Base

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Goris
Neutral

Help Rebirth Base

Post by Goris »

Ok, so I play a mainly combat oriented character. So the speech skill is pretty low. Is there any other way to get level 3 yellow access other than Science skill 130 or? I figure it might be speech oriented with Dave and the Doctor on level 2 but with a speech skill of 35 and a glitched game file where they stopped restocking new inventory in the stores I find myself at a loss. I kinda doubt my character could fight from 1-6 without needing more ammo and stimpacks than I have. What do?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Help Rebirth Base

Post by Daemon »

Guards for the yellow elevator want to just hear some name. Pretend to be someone else, you don't need speech for that.
Are you sure stores stopped restocking their inventory? Can you please upload your save so I can check it? Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.
Goris
Neutral

Post by Goris »

For some reason when my install of resurrection placed your mod in the fallout.1.02.25 folder and when i open res data it is only showing the art folder. Also when i went to install the first website link i used i had issues with so i thing it double installed in two different spots because the first was a manual attempt. As for the issues of the stores not restocking. I am not sure if this matters but i was on a caravan run when a deathclaw ran off the map and did not allow combat to end so I left the screen. naturally i could no longer do the caravan runs with that company. i went from sedit to albq, to corvath, back to albq. the stores never restocked in that time frame and considering i spent a month hunting deathclaws west of albq in that timeframe as well i was wondering if it could be related. I appologize i cant seem to find the save data and I am not sure why. I even searched all program files for the files but none came up with the most recent dates. I am kinda at a loss on that one. Ill try going to floor 3 and see if theyll let me in without first having been given the privilages and job. Ill also keep working on trying to find the save files
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

It's possible that Windows moved your save files VirtualStore directory: C:\Users\<user login>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ where they're placed in the same directory as they would be in the usual case. For example in the case of Fallout 2 installation in Program Files directory, you would find your save files in C:\Users\<user login>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME.
Goris
Neutral

Post by Goris »

Well, with you advice of simply giving another name I was able to complete the game regardless of the weird glitch i had in the system there. I truly appreciate what you have done and for taking the time to respond to me. the ending was a bit bleaker than i imagined with the choices i had made but that is how fallout should be. Thank you for everything. if i do happen to figure out where the save files are using your advice ill send them in for you to try to figure out in case it happens to another player. the easy way to tell is looking for large batteries in the imperial city and 7.62 in Sedit. That's what i was after.
Tomas7
Accepted

Post by Tomas7 »

[Possible Spoiler Inside this post]
Hello,

I don't want to create another topic. I am confused with the rebirth base.
For the first time, I killed them all floor by floor. Now I am trying to end game differently.

To the point:
I have 130% science, I was able to hack all computers, and reprogram robots on every floor ( target all people as enemy ).
( They are very weak ... )
During the fight robots - soldiers I am just waiting.

Two questions:
1. Why after soldiers kill all robots, they are attackig me?
I am using "Hack" option so they should not know who is responsible for robots behaviour.
2. Why even if I deactivate alarm, and move on to another floor, I am recongised as an intruder and combat begins?
Tomas7
Accepted

Post by Tomas7 »

And also I would like to report a bug I just found... :(
Please take a look:
I am approaching Brian on 6'th floor. Introducing myself as the treator.
I am approaching Brian on 6'th floor. Introducing myself as the treator.
end0.png (175.14 KiB) Viewed 14672 times
The result after I ask him to take me to the Savior...
The result after I ask him to take me to the Savior...
end1.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 14672 times
The game is not responding. I am forced to End Task via task manager.

I am not able to finish the game :(
Can you check what is wrong with my save? I am so close...
http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/slot109
PS. Never used any editors etc. just pure F2 + your awesome mod.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

I'll check it. Thanks for the save. But you don't need to wait for the fix. He just brings you to the Savior. You can go to him yourself instead. He's on Red 5, talk to Aaron there, he can let you in the Savior's office.
Tomas7
Accepted

Post by Tomas7 »

Daemon wrote:You can go to him yourself instead. He's on Red 5, talk to Aaron there, he can let you in the Savior's office.
I don't think my 20% speech is enough to do this. :D
And I am not interested to finish the game the same way as before ( killing everyone, which is beautiful, but quite boring - every turn takes ~10 min - waiting untill everyone move / take aciton ).
end2_256.jpg
end2_256.jpg (239.62 KiB) Viewed 14659 times
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Tomas7 wrote:1. Why after soldiers kill all robots, they are attackig me?
I am using "Hack" option so they should not know who is responsible for robots behaviour.
2. Why even if I deactivate alarm, and move on to another floor, I am recongised as an intruder and combat begins?
When you active the alarm, system immediately localizes terminal from which the alarm was activated, therefore you're localized as well and can be observed by security cameras.
Tomas7 wrote:
Daemon wrote:You can go to him yourself instead. He's on Red 5, talk to Aaron there, he can let you in the Savior's office.
As I said, Brian would take you directly to the Savior. There's no difference between being brought to him or coming by yourself.
You don't need speech skill for Aaron to let you talk with the Savior. Just tell him the same you told to Brian.
Tomas7
Accepted

Post by Tomas7 »

Daemon wrote:
Tomas7 wrote:
As I said, Brian would take you directly to the Savior. There's no difference between being brought to him or coming by yourself.
You don't need speech skill for Aaron to let you talk with the Savior. Just tell him the same you told to Brian.
OMG I was blind, Thanks a lot! :D