Team member waiting [Bug?]

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Tomas7
Accepted

Team member waiting [Bug?]

Post by Tomas7 »

I am not sure if this affects all party members but it seems that sometimes I order Lystra to wait, and then she unexpectedly appear next to me ;)

First Time I saw this behaviour when I was exploring Vex basement.
After I asked Lystra to wait, and went down she appeared in a basemend and she joined me on the fight with the gangsters.

Second time I saw this behaviour was in Corath when I checked the Loner perk behaviour in Corath ring.
To describe this precisely:
1. I am ordering Lystra to wait.
2. Checking stats -> all skills increased +10% ( Loner perk work, I am alone ).
3. I am talking to the guy in front of the Nestor building. ( Challenge Nestor )
4. Appearing on the ring.
5. Checking stats -> sklls back to normal ( Loner perk doesn't work, somehow Lystra is back )

Not sure if this is expected behaviour.
If you need I can share my safe.
I already finished the game few times, no need to "check" / "fix" my saves.

During the game I was not using any character editors / etc, only original F2 + your mod.

EDIT:
After the fight with Nestor mutant, Lystra is with me on the dessert.
So it seems to be a bug, because I asked her to wait before fight.

PS.
There is a problem with amount of quests visible in a pip boy, you cannot scroll the list e.g. Albuquerque

PS2
During a game I saw Text above Lystra head like ( it is not exact words ): "I have to tell you something" but even if I asked her about it, there were usual text to choose.
Last edited by Tomas7 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NovaRain
Liked

Re: Team member waiting [Bug?]

Post by NovaRain »

Tomas7 wrote:PS.
There is a problem with amount of quests visible in a pip boy, you cannot scroll the list e.g. Albuquerque
You can set UseScrollingQuestsList=1 in ddraw.ini.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Party member waiting - Thanks for reporting this, that indeed sounds like a bug. I'll look into it. In that second case, have you ordered her to wait in Old Town (where the ring is located) or somewhere else?
NovaRain wrote:
Tomas7 wrote:PS.
You can set UseScrollingQuestsList=1 in ddraw.ini.
Yes, this should have been set by default :?
Tomas7 wrote:During a game I saw Text above Lystra head like ( it is not exact words ): "I have to tell you something" but even if I asked her about it, there were usual text to choose.
When she says something like that, it means that you can ask her about something new. You must choose option "I want to ask you something." in her dialog to see available questions. Some questions may disappear when there's no longer point to ask them (for example question about solution to a quest that was already finished) or when they're replaced by newer ones because of limited space. If there was situation when she notified you about new question and that question didn't appear, I would like to know that specific situation when it happened.
Tomas7
Accepted

Post by Tomas7 »

Daemon wrote:Party member waiting - Thanks for reporting this, that indeed sounds like a bug. I'll look into it. In that second case, have you ordered her to wait in Old Town (where the ring is located) or somewhere else?
As I described, I am talking to the guy in front of the Nestor building, his name is Ademar so this is not the place where the ring is located.
Here is the location:
1.png
1.png (203.92 KiB) Viewed 8665 times
I am not sure if you need this, but to recreate the problem and investigate you can upload situation from my save.
( i've saved the game just before I asked Lystra to wait. )
http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/slot38

I also have a save from the vex basement situation, please see
http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/slot26
I will try to describe precisely all steps here as well:
1. I just killed all Vex people and Vex, I am in the building with Lystra.
2. I Asked Lystra to wait ( We are still inside Vex building )
3. I clicked on the hatch to the basement.
4. I appeared in a basemend, and Lystra is next to me.
5. When I go back, I see Lystra where I asked her to wait and in addition when I approach her I see dialog options like Lystra is still "waiting".
She appears in the basement every time i go down.

hope this description will helps.
As I said before, you don't need to edit/fix attached saves, I already finished the game like 5 times now. ( Awesome Mod ).
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

It was clear from your first description what's happening. Anyway, thanks for more detailed description and saves.