Why Gatling Laser strikes hit with no damage?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

tbouded
Accepted

Why Gatling Laser strikes hit with no damage?

Post by tbouded »

Just look at the screenshot - a simple enemy, I thought they must be hit with huge damage, but "no damage" for three tries..
Bugged?
Attachments
03.08.jpg
03.08.jpg (245.38 KiB) Viewed 7849 times
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Why Gatling Laser strikes hit with no damage?

Post by Daemon »

Don't you have finesse trait? That decreases your damage. And metal armor has high laser resistance.
Baardhaas
Accepted

Post by Baardhaas »

Not 100% sure how Fallout works under the hood, but I thought it was something like this:

The Gatling Laser fires 10 shots per burst. Each shot has to make its own check against the DT of your opponents armor. Metal armor has a very high DT and resistance against laser weapons.
Edit: To clarify a bit: say each shot does 5 damage and the DT of your opponents armor is 6, then you're doing 10 x (5 - 6) = -10 damage, negative damage is not possible so you do 0 damage.
tbouded
Accepted

Post by tbouded »

Thank you guys, seems you were right with metal armor, because I just test it on Julian's men (leather armor) - it works fine, have a triple kill per shot))
Attachments
03.08.jpg
03.08.jpg (141.68 KiB) Viewed 7842 times