Caravan Encounters feedback

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

laclongquan
Accepted

Caravan Encounters feedback

Post by laclongquan »

There are a few problems with this kind of event and I would like to provide some feedback for redesign if possible.

1. Caravan leader. He is the one standing in front so he's most likely get hit first and often. So he's most likely the one get killed and render the caravan encounter later lacking one shooter.

Yet the critter is not always the highest level/HP in the group of caravaneers. There is another male critter and this one is, most of the times, highest HP, and stand way back.
And onward, the later battles consist of 4 caravaneers, lacking the killed caravan leader, which lead to even higher difficulty.

+ Solution: can you look at critter design of caravan leaders and change him, only him, to have +1 level compare to general baseline? Or some extra perk like Lifegiver or Toughness to add HP to his body.

2. Reinstate the merchant character in a caravan. IF I remember correctly there's such a figure in a F2 caravan. You might have omitted him because you dont want exploit (let him die in battle to loot) but that can be circumvented by letting his shop inventory in a container off the map. it would increase the amount to possible caps that players can trade for.

2a. same reason, allow the wanderer group has a shop inventory with container off the map. Currently the barterer in wanderer group has pitiful offerrings. Get her to sell broc flower and xander roots, as that still be helpful to make healing powder for the dog.
eLPuSHeR
Accepted

Re: Caravan Encounters feedback

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I agree. I am having a lot of trouble with these encounters.

For instance. Fighting against raiders. Most of them using Desert Eagle. They usually do 20-30+ damage while me (with another DE) just do 10-20-

They tend to critical a lot too. And yes, Caravan leader gets killed in no time.

I think the AI for caravan mercs need to be redone. Most of them engage in combat from afar, even if having smgs or low range weapons and they seem to seldom use burst fire mode or at all, contrary to those pesky ghoul encounters where they are continuosly using burst fire on you and anyone else. And they hit you hard even from far away.

NPCs AI is another issue. For me NPCs feel quite underwhelming. I miss Sulik or Cassidy. They were also more fun.

And then it's the issue with armors: I wear a metal armor. I get hit by a Desert Eagle -> 20-30+ points of damage.

Raider with leather armor: I shot him with Desert Eagle -> 10-20- points of damage. WTF!!!

Ghoul with Power Armor: Almost invulnerable.

Me in Power Armor: Got my ass kicked even with low level weapons. WTF!!!
laclongquan
Accepted

Re: Caravan Encounters feedback

Post by laclongquan »

PA ghouls can be dealt with by an eyeshot from the cutdown sniper rifle. Shot at close range with chance of 75+, it's possible to deal critical damage that neutralized him even if not killed outright.

But the cure-all solution is the Buffout+Psycho at the start of the fight. That reduce the chance to die in 2 rounds way down. No way to say about long fight with their higher chance of criticals.

Generally, I have no complaint about caravaneers staying far away taking potshot at enemies. That suit me fine even if Mutt taking more that its fair share of friendly fire. No, the problem is caravan leader is weaker than the guy standing far away in safety, yet taking most of the fire and die within 2 rounds.