[SPOILER] BUG in Vault 16, 3rd floor

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Panka
Neutral

[SPOILER] BUG in Vault 16, 3rd floor

Post by Panka »

Hi! First of all, thanks for this beautiful conversion of FO2! I'm in my first run and I spent a lot of hours in this game, I loved FO2 and with this mod you gave me that beautiful feeling of the other games in the series.
Anyway, there's something that is blocking my adventure through the wastes.
I decided to work with the empire and I'm in the middle of the quest to free Vault 16 from the hunters invasion. 2nd floor is clear and now I need to reach 3rd floor through the elevator shaft, but instead of finding myself on that floor to go on with the quest, game crashes.
This is the last game screen
This the error displayed
And these are my saves
http://www.filedropper.com/savegame

PS:
I've only modified two setting in ddraw.ini: the world map travel speed and the combat control for my companion. I tried to restore them to their default state but nothing changes. I tried to access the 3rd floor alone and with companion but the result is the same.

Thanks for your attention!
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: [SPOILER] BUG in Vault 16, 3rd floor

Post by Daemon »

Hi, thanks.

Vault map in your saves 29 and 30 is broken. I don't know how this could happen. And it can't be fixed. But in save 28, the map is still OK, I was able to get to the third floor without problem from that save. If it won't work even from save 28, try it without companions control. I think there were some problems with this function, although I'm not sure it could cause this bug.

You have killed aliens in the combat, am I right?
Panka
Neutral

Re: [SPOILER] BUG in Vault 16, 3rd floor

Post by Panka »

As you said, from save 28 the game on 3rd floor doesn't crash (even with the companion control enabled). Probably save 29 and 30 were really damaged. Thanks for the advice! I'll see if there will be other issues related to vault 16 and its quests.
Anyway, yeah, in both cases i killed all the aliens and alien eggs.

EDIT: The problem still exists.
I kill the aliens on 2nd floor, go on with the quest without saving (because, when I load every save that I made after the aliens quest on the 2nd, the game crashes), go to the 3rd floor, sound the alarm, set the bomb, wait for the detonation to block the access to 3rd floor and when I go back in the elevator shaft to 2nd floor the game still crashes. All this without combat control enabled.