[BUG] Albuquerque - Dead Quarter - Hospital

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

tibalt
Neutral

[BUG] Albuquerque - Dead Quarter - Hospital

Post by tibalt »

Is there a bug tracker anywhere? I haven't found one and haven't found any topic about this bug on the forum.

When I talked to a doctor about individual operations and selected to increase my strength the doctor said that I will go to sleep, bla-bla-bla. Then the dialog box became empty and strength not increased.
I have loaded the game again and tried to talked to the doctor and now instead of operations list I always get an empty screen.

Screenshots of the dialog are attached.
Attachments
step2.png
step2.png (152.54 KiB) Viewed 10323 times
step3.png
step3.png (123.62 KiB) Viewed 10323 times
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: [BUG] Albuquerque - Dead Quarter - Hospital

Post by Daemon »

No one has reported this yet. Who are your companions? Don't you have sixth toe? It's possible that companion or sixth toe can cause this.
Anyway, I would like to see your save, so I can look into it. Please upload it somewhere. Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.
tibalt
Neutral

Post by tibalt »

OMG, I wanted to attach a save file, but completely forgot=)
I've uploaded it here: SLOT03.zip

My companion is Keri. No, I don't have sixth toe.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Thanks.
It does work for me. I think Sfall doesn't work correctly for you. Try different operation and if it ends the same way, then I'm right, because Sfall is needed for increase of stats here. Another thing you can try is to leave some item on the ground and hold left shift. Items on the ground should be highlighted. If not, Sfall definitely doesn't work.

What is your operating system?
tibalt
Neutral

Post by tibalt »

Thanks for the quick response!

I use MacOS Sierra with Wine.
Left shift doesn't highlight items on the ground. I'll try to figure out how to make SFall work.

If nothing helps I guess I'll just use a save file editor and just increase my strength by 1 and decrease my money amount by 10k.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

tibalt wrote:I use MacOS Sierra with Wine.
Left shift doesn't highlight items on the ground. I'll try to figure out how to make SFall work.
If it works the same as in Linux, you should set "native,builtin" for files "ddraw.ini" and "ddraw.dll" in the Fallout 2/Resurrection directory. If after that the game starts with a black screen and nothing else happens, try to change the graphics mode using the Configuration Program. The "Original - 8bit" setting is your best bet in this case.

But I don't have personal experience with Wine, it's just something what other people mentioned. If it doesn't help, try google "Fallout 2 sfall wine" to find out more. Advices for Fallout 2 should apply for Resurrection as well, only that in the case of Resurrection, you need to take care of files in Resurrection folder instead of files in Fallout 2 folder.
tibalt wrote:If nothing helps I guess I'll just use a save file editor and just increase my strength by 1 and decrease my money amount by 10k.
Don't forget -50 karma :twisted:

btw. Some of new perks won't work without Sfall either.
tibalt
Neutral

Post by tibalt »

Thank you very much for help, it worked after overriding 'ddraw' in 'winecfg'!

Turned out I haven't been using SFall all that time=)

P.S. Lol, -50 carma was a bad surprise.