Albuquerque -- doctors quest and possible item bug

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Harrkev
Neutral

Albuquerque -- doctors quest and possible item bug

Post by Harrkev »

I have two separate issues here.

1) I am at the end of the "stop the doctors" quest. I have a bunch of tribals and imperial guards following me. Every enemy has been killed (all guards and doctors). However, these guys still follow me around, and there appears to be no way to actually "end" the quest. If I go south, Gurgan is not there. How do I actually end the quest and get some experience points?

2) I have also had item bugs. In the dead quarter, I was attacked by the short guy. After the attack, I dropped some loot on the ground and it is still there. However, I cannot pick up the loot because it is under some blood! I have item highlighting on, so I can see the stuff glowing yellow when I hold down SHIFT, but I cannot actually pick it up.

3) Similarly, I had a bad guy drop dead in the basement (near the Sheriff's son). His body fell behind some wooden boxes in the corner, so I cannot pick up any of that dropped stuff either.
NovaRain
Liked

Re: Albuquerque -- doctors quest and possible item bug

Post by NovaRain »

Harrkev wrote:2) I have also had item bugs. In the dead quarter, I was attacked by the short guy. After the attack, I dropped some loot on the ground and it is still there. However, I cannot pick up the loot because it is under some blood! I have item highlighting on, so I can see the stuff glowing yellow when I hold down SHIFT, but I cannot actually pick it up.
You can try pressing T key to pick up items on the ground. It's one of the most convenient features in the included Party Orders addon.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Harrkev wrote:1) I am at the end of the "stop the doctors" quest. I have a bunch of tribals and imperial guards following me. Every enemy has been killed (all guards and doctors). However, these guys still follow me around, and there appears to be no way to actually "end" the quest. If I go south, Gurgan is not there. How do I actually end the quest and get some experience points?
Are you sure you didn't miss any doctor? Can you please upload your save so I can look into it? Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\data\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.

Problems with items - Unfortunately, that's how Fallout 2 works. But T key might help as mentioned by NovaRain. With 0 key, you can change functionality of the T key order to whether loot bodies or not.
Harrkev
Neutral

Post by Harrkev »

Thanks for the help. I re-loaded before the fight, did it again, and everything finished fine.

The keyboard trick also worked great for getting items. Thanks for this!