Sedit Quest - Finding Sheriff's Son

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Granite
Accepted

Meet guy behind brahmin pen at Crimson caravan

Post by Granite »

So i'm on the quest to find the Sheriff's missing son in Sedit. I'm supposed to be meet a guy behind the brahmin pen at 11 oclock. But nobody shows up. Is this bugged or is there something i'm doing wrong?
stamstamstam
Accepted

Re: Meet guy behind brahmin pen at Crimson caravan

Post by stamstamstam »

I don't know if that's the only way, but I found their hideout at the south of the brahmin pen.
Right before that I told the Sheriff about it.
Feather
Accepted

Post by Feather »

It's a long haired dude in leather jacket, he actually appears in front of the pen. You can talk to him and get nothing but make him nervous, then follow him to the abovementioned hideout.
He will attack you with his thugs and they leave a note about some private caravan behind.

And this is where I'm stuck. Only caravan company that even mentions having private caravans is Sedit Caravans and the guy won't cough up any more info.
Nothing to steal from him or his desk that would give a clue. Can't check the room behind him, because he won't let me open the door...

How to proceed here?
stamstamstam
Accepted

Post by stamstamstam »

I don't know about the specifications, but I was able to bribe him for 500 caps.
Granite
Accepted

Post by Granite »

Bribe the sedit caravan guy for 500 caps. Im stuck at the next part where you have to go to Alberquerqe and meet some contact at the paradise? can't find him though.
Feather
Accepted

Post by Feather »

Yep, I probably didn't have the bribe option at the time because of lack of caps.

In Albuquerque (What a terrible town name to spell! :mrgreen: ) you find the guy under the caravan carport (Dunno where you got the Paradise info from I was told this location by the sedit caravan chief). Again a long haired leather dude.
I needed a huge bribe of 3000 caps there to get the info the boy is held by Vex's gang. Definitely gonna try a speech char next playthrough... :mrgreen:

Anyway that quest was sitting undone for a while in my pip boy, thx for the tips:)
stamstamstam
Accepted

Post by stamstamstam »

In my playthrough, Vex was already dead, but the kid was still being held in his basement by a small group of thugs.
Sir_Mark
Neutral

[Bug?] Can't move in Sedit Sherif quest

Post by Sir_Mark »

Hi

After speaking with the guy near Crimson Caravan I see him walking away but I can't move myself!
He disappears in some building on the south but I'm still stuck no matter how much I wait... Am I doing something wrong?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: [Bug?] Can't move in Sedit Sherif quest

Post by Daemon »

Hi, do you mean that after the dialog, the game doesn't react to your commands, that controls don't work? If so, can you please upload your save before speaking with the guy? Save files are in Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\SAVEGAME folder and each folder there is one save slot.

Anyway if you have problem with that meeting, you can go visit the building on the south where kidnappers are hiding even without talking with the guy.
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

Can you also post how to start this quest lol, deputy doesn't want to give me work and cops wont give me access to villa.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

LifeTears wrote:Can you also post how to start this quest lol, deputy doesn't want to give me work and cops wont give me access to villa.
First you need to do both quests for ghouls in Falcon's Flight. Then they'll tell you that Sheriff's son is missing.
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

Ractaros96 wrote:
LifeTears wrote:Can you also post how to start this quest lol, deputy doesn't want to give me work and cops wont give me access to villa.
First you need to do both quests for ghouls in Falcon's Flight. Then they'll tell you that Sheriff's son is missing.
Ah got it thanks!, gonna do some mexican quests without ruining ghoul once then jump to ghoul and kill them off :)
AuruM
Neutral

Sedit Quest - Finding Sheriff's Son

Post by AuruM »

After finishing the rest of the quests offered by Mimi, I'm up to this one after receiving it from the sheriff. I've questioned the nanny and the cook, as well as everyone else I've been able to find in town, but haven't found any leads. What am I missing? :? I've read a few spoilers in other threads, but so far can't find a logical step to the next parts of the quest without attempting to sequence break. Any hint that'd lead me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Sedit Quest - Finding Sheriff's Son

Post by Daemon »

You should get the nanny to confess that she helped the kidnappers. If you have fully questioned her, then you propably already did that. She said:
They said someone'd be waiting at the Crimson Caravan brahmin pens in Little Hub exactly at eleven at night. In case of any troubles, they said. Just there and precisely at eleven, they said they wouldn't wait for long.

So next step is to find that someone at the Crimson Caravan brahmin pens in that time.
AuruM
Neutral

Re: Sedit Quest - Finding Sheriff's Son

Post by AuruM »

Ah, turns out I hadn't exhausted all of her dialogue options. Thanks a lot for the quick reply, and excellent work on the game, I'm loving it thus far :D