Rerolling to a new EW character: Lots of small questions!

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

That_Axe
Neutral

Rerolling to a new EW character: Lots of small questions!

Post by That_Axe »

Hello.

I was playing this game as an SG critter before I decided to reroll for a new game due to messing up a lot of quest-lines.

I'm going to try out doing EW critter for my new run. Hopefully this new character will finish the game. I have a lot of questions hoping to find some answers here:

1. What's the best way to get caps? Aside from one time quests, caravans, did I miss some merchants who has more than 1,000 caps after a restock? I kinda got the pedo gunshop owner whacked- Does he restock with more than 1,000 caps?

2. Do we have some kind of list for time-sensitive quests? I know Anonym's kill the soldiers quest is somehow time-sensitive.

3. Do we have a list of new weapons' skill types? For example I thought that the anti material rifle was a small gun type because it's a sniper. Turns out it draws its aim from BG skill. How about those grenade launchers?

4. Is there any other option for the Caravan Meeting quest? I just got one leader killed. I had no other option to warn him or get info about the hit.

By the way really awesome mod!

Edit: Oh, and tips for early energy weapons? I was thinking of rushing to Empire to get that free plasma pistol on one of the desks inside the "palace". Is there an earlier energy weapon available that I missed?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Rerolling to a new EW character: Lots of small questions

Post by Daemon »

That_Axe wrote:I was playing this game as an SG critter before I decided to reroll for a new game due to messing up a lot of quest-lines.
I'm going to try out doing EW critter for my new run. Hopefully this new character will finish the game.
What do you mean by SG and EW critter?
That_Axe wrote:1. What's the best way to get caps? Aside from one time quests, caravans, did I miss some merchants who has more than 1,000 caps after a restock? I kinda got the pedo gunshop owner whacked- Does he restock with more than 1,000 caps?
I think Chuck has a chance to restock above 1000 caps. I don't remember precise numbers. Anyway traders in Albuquerque (that is Chuck and Margaret) have largest stock of caps among all the traders.

Best way to earn caps is by completing quests. Caravan runs are good way too. Anyway, I don't think you need to hoard the caps. Don't try to get all operations from the hospital, just choose most important ones for your character.
That_Axe wrote:2. Do we have some kind of list for time-sensitive quests? I know Anonym's kill the soldiers quest is somehow time-sensitive.
I think that's the only one.
That_Axe wrote:3. Do we have a list of new weapons' skill types? For example I thought that the anti material rifle was a small gun type because it's a sniper. Turns out it draws its aim from BG skill. How about those grenade launchers?
Grenade launchers are big guns as well. It's mentioned in their description as well as in description of anti-material rifle.
That_Axe wrote:4. Is there any other option for the Caravan Meeting quest? I just got one leader killed. I had no other option to warn him or get info about the hit.
You can either send Frederyk to the meeting (that leads to quests from Sedit Caravan) or you can go in the meeting in his place, just talk to him, he'll suggest that (and that leads to quests from Frederyk's Dream).
That_Axe wrote:By the way really awesome mod!
Thanks!
That_Axe wrote:Oh, and tips for early energy weapons? I was thinking of rushing to Empire to get that free plasma pistol on one of the desks inside the "palace". Is there an earlier energy weapon available that I missed?
Here's some tip - viewtopic.php?p=5308#p5308
That_Axe
Neutral

Post by That_Axe »

Thanks for the quick reply!

EW = energy weapons
SG = small guns
Critter = Critical hit based character

Who is Margaret again? Is she the lone Empire trader?

I know I don't need all the operations, but I just can't ignore the whispers of the min-max devil hovering above my shoulder!
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

That_Axe wrote:Who is Margaret again? Is she the lone Empire trader?
Yes