How often do merchants restock?

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Keri
Neutral

How often do merchants restock?

Post by Keri »

By the time I reached level 15 I had so much gear in my inventory, on my companions and in random places around the map that I couldn't even loot corpses anymore. I tried selling it all to merchants but they seemed to never restock their caps. It felt like they got only 500 caps more each month while I had 50 000 worth of gear lying around... you'd think with THREE caravan companies, vendors would restock every week with new items. :)
NovaRain
Liked

Re: How often do merchants restock?

Post by NovaRain »

They usually restock in 7~14 days.
Keri
Neutral

Post by Keri »

NovaRain wrote:They usually restock in 7~14 days.
Are merchants the only people I can trade with? Because I was able to access barter only through a dialog option. The barter key was dead. :(
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Yes, Ressurection removed the barter button function.
Keri
Neutral

Post by Keri »

Muttie wrote:Yes, Ressurection removed the barter button function.
I just learned from another thread that you can still use the 'B' hotkey to access barter. There are some NPCs you can trade with but I haven't found any with items yet.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

Interesting, I'll try that.

EDIT: I did test two characters who, I knew, had interesting items on them. In both cases the reply was "This person will not barter with you." This may change later, but, atm, I assume that the Resurrection team thought of this and it's disabled too. [They are just too clever for us :D]
NovaRain
Liked

Post by NovaRain »

It only works for critters with "barter" flag set. And in Resurrection you need to use the barter dialog option for merchants moving their goods into inventory, using the hotkey to enter the barter screen usually shows their (nearly) empty inventory.
The hotkey is probably only useful/convenient for companions in Resurrection.
Muttie
Idolized

Post by Muttie »

So it's not that clever after all, but rather simple.

And the only „trick“ is to access the inventory of the few merchants in the game.
Should not a big deal. Early game there is a bit more access to items through barter (ammo & stimpaks) but it's borderline insignificant.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Every NPC with which you aren't supposed to barter with has disabled "barter" flag. So you can't get bonus barter options with the 'B' hotkey except that option of barter inventory of the traders. And that is usually empty.