Concerning the remixes which were added in Fallout 1.5 mod

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Hcseymor
Neutral

Concerning the remixes which were added in Fallout 1.5 mod

Post by Hcseymor »

First of all, thanks for translating the mod to english, otherwise I wouldn't understand the story.

About the remixes, are we allowed to include them in our own modifications?

I've been in the process of developing a free mod for Fallout II, and it would be nice to have the tracks included in some new locations.

Is that allowed?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Concerning the remixes which were added in Fallout 1.5 m

Post by Daemon »

We use mostly original Fallout 2 music accompanied by a few completely new tracks. Their author is Emitremmus who also included them in his album Nuclearization - http://www.takusama.com/emitremmus/nuclearization.html#
So if you want to use some of his music, try to contact him.

Out of the curiosity, tell us more about your mod. What is it about? How far in development are you?
Hcseymor
Neutral

Post by Hcseymor »

Daemon wrote:We use mostly original Fallout 2 music accompanied by a few completely new tracks. Their author is Emitremmus who also included them in his album Nuclearization - http://www.takusama.com/emitremmus/nuclearization.html#
So if you want to use some of his music, try to contact him.

Out of the curiosity, tell us more about your mod. What is it about? How far in development are you?
Too bad I could only find his Facebook and Twitter, as I don't use these websites.

The idea is to introduce more underground locations to the second game.

Both Fallout 1 and 2 didn't focus in that aspect (besides the Vault-Tec shelters, I mean. There's few underground places in Fallout 2. Bishop's mercenaries base, is one of these locations), and games like Fallout Tactics and UnderRail show that you can create cool underground locations, in the post nuclear holocaust setting.
As it's my first mod for the game, I'm not planning it be a TC mod. Bad idea to start with a huge project like that, in my opinion.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Hcseymor wrote:Both Fallout 1 and 2 didn't focus in that aspect (besides the Vault-Tec shelters, I mean. There's few underground places in Fallout 2. Bishop's mercenaries base, is one of these locations), and games like Fallout Tactics and UnderRail show that you can create cool underground locations, in the post nuclear holocaust setting.
As it's my first mod for the game, I'm not planning it be a TC mod. Bad idea to start with a huge project like that, in my opinion.
Sounds interesting. I agree that it is a good idea start small, especially if you work on it alone.