This black areas at the borders look REALLY bad

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Ponyportal
Neutral

This black areas at the borders look REALLY bad

Post by Ponyportal »

Look, I'm not a perfectionist, but when it comes to mods, almost all of them have this feel of incompetence, and unprofessionalism. But, your total conversion is quite good in that sense, apart from one thing - what the hell is that? can you please fix this madness?Image
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: This black areas at the borders look REALLY bad

Post by Daemon »

It's caused by High Resolution path (which make possible see beyond visible screen) and unusual shape of the map (which make possible to have larger map). Map was created in time when High Resolution patch hasn't existed yet, so it hasn't been issue back then. Same issue may occur when map is smaller than your screen resolution (original Fallout 2 resolution is only 640x480). There isn't good solution for this unfortunately, apart from completely remake whole maps. Needless to say, that would be way much work.
Ponyportal
Neutral

Post by Ponyportal »

Well, then you need to make a donate button on the front page of the website to keep you motivated. Otherwise it just means that you don't really care about your creation.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

We certainly care and we care very much, otherwise we would not have finished it. But we'll not spend tens or hundreds hours on reworking maps because of this small issue. That wouldn't be resonable. And it would fix only wrong shape maps. There will always be problem that player have bigger resolution than is size of a map. That is just how Fallout 2 is made.
Ponyportal
Neutral

Post by Ponyportal »

You just splash some sand instead of that blackness and that would be enough. where is hundreds of hours in that? by the way, you can try restoration project in 1080p. no blackness. he even created some scenery for these areas of the maps
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

That isn't what I meant. Yeah, you can do that. It's just another easy and flawed solution. You get empty space where you can't do anything and in some cases you can't even enter that space although it looks like you can. And same maps fits together. Those maps are ment to be next to each other, so just splash some sand doesn't make sense. There would have to be large parts of next maps with critters and that brings another problems... I think that black borders, while not perfect, are better solution.
Ponyportal
Neutral

Post by Ponyportal »

Nothing can be worse then this. If there's a goal for a mod to be professional and to look polished and just, to be honest, to be percived seriously this should be fixed. Everything would be better then that. I would actually donated to this game, if this would be fixed. I suggest you to place a donate button somewhere.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

I am sorry you see it that way. As I wrote, I see it differently. (And I don't think I am only one.) Money wouldn't change anything. And you can read about our stance on donate option in FAQ - penultimate question.

I hope you can enjoy Resurrection regardless, if you decide play it again, perhaps when proper translation will be finished.
HorrendusPT
Neutral

Post by HorrendusPT »

Thought this Mod was much better than it is, in fact. The huge bugs (this black areas and other glitches and bugs) make this just less interesting than other Mods (Shatered Destiny, Wastelend Merc, Fallout of Nevada, etc.)
This 2 pics show the poor graphics, when we see parts of building from one area in another area. - not understandable for a Mod who took so many time to make. In few words not worth play it... very amateur...

Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Part of building from one area in another area is there intentionally, it's not a bug. It's there in order to clearly see how each location connecting to another. I find it better than it used to be in some locations in the original Fallout 2, where two supposedly neighbouring locations didn't seem to be connected at all and walking from one to the another seemed like walking to some other city.

What glitches and bugs have you encountered? Unfortunately, Drobovik's translation can cause some bugs itself (as far as I know).
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

To me, that black areas are not an issue. I remember that in Restoration Project they were filled with sand or inaccessible buildings (in cities). It's just cosmetics and it doesn't add anything to gameplay. The real professionalism can be seen in way locations are made, character creation, quests and dialogues. And up to this point Resurrection has made an impression on me as distinct game and not as a modification.
valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

Same here, I stopped noticing these black areas long ago. Fallout is nothing but digital simulation of GURPS PnP environment anyway, so anyone familiar enough with PnP games should be used to strict map borders from sessions such as this: http://saltflats1929.blogspot.sk/2012/0 ... fiend.html

Enjoy the core gameplay guys, decent story with branching quests wrapped around unforgiving mass fights, that's what Resurrection really excels at.
agris
Accepted

Post by agris »

They don't look bad. The OP is sperging.
CafeOfBrokenDreams
Neutral

Post by CafeOfBrokenDreams »

Ponyportal wrote:You just splash some sand instead of that blackness and that would be enough. where is hundreds of hours in that? by the way, you can try restoration project in 1080p. no blackness. he even created some scenery for these areas of the maps

Jesus Christ, give it a rest. You're insulting a group of people who have made a labor of love and expect nothing in return.

If you don't like the black spaces on the screen then set the resolution back to the original game default.

Bitching about it and demanding shit makes you sound like an entitled cunt. Do you treat all modders this way?

How about instead of acting like a spoiled brat and acting like it's a game breaking bug you offer a more constructive feedback and thoughtful questions, you rubber-headed jizz Muppet.

Fucks sake.
LifeTears
Liked

Post by LifeTears »

CafeOfBrokenDreams wrote:
Ponyportal wrote:You just splash some sand instead of that blackness and that would be enough. where is hundreds of hours in that? by the way, you can try restoration project in 1080p. no blackness. he even created some scenery for these areas of the maps

Jesus Christ, give it a rest. You're insulting a group of people who have made a labor of love and expect nothing in return.

If you don't like the black spaces on the screen then set the resolution back to the original game default.

Bitching about it and demanding shit makes you sound like an entitled cunt. Do you treat all modders this way?

How about instead of acting like a spoiled brat and acting like it's a game breaking bug you offer a more constructive feedback and thoughtful questions, you rubber-headed jizz Muppet.

Fucks sake.
LOL!