[Solved] Game Crashes on new game.

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

KingOfHell
Neutral

[Solved] Game Crashes on new game.

Post by KingOfHell »

when i choose the guy and start game i see that video and when i spawn game crashes. i can see my guy standing in the cave and then the game crashes. it says:
Application error
An privileged instruction was executed at address 000cfa4a
click ok to terminate the application.
i tried changing settings, i tried many configurations including default. i can run the base game and it doesnt crash, the mod crashes only.

EDIT: OMFG i found what was the problem... i had bandicam running ... fuck my life it took me 3 hours to fix this shit.
Last edited by KingOfHell on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Game Crashes on new game.

Post by Daemon »

Do you have non-english version of Fallout 2? Turned out it can cause this problems. We're investigating it. For now, in the case of this problem, you need Fallout 2 english version.
KingOfHell
Neutral

Post by KingOfHell »

Daemon wrote:Do you have non-english version of Fallout 2? Turned out it can cause this problems. We're investigating it. For now, in the case of this problem, you need Fallout 2 english version.
its english
also strange thing i've noticed if i try to save and play from config it says unable to open file not enough memory.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

What is your operation system? Try to run it as administrator.
KingOfHell
Neutral

Post by KingOfHell »

Daemon wrote:What is your operation system? Try to run it as administrator.
wind 7 64bit, i am running as admin, i also tried without. i own my own computer 12+ years, i know a stuff or 2, or 5025205, i'm also programmer. i tried all the basic and easy stuff.

edit: it doesnt seem to be graphics based problem cause nothing changes anything, i tried runnign with directx tried with default thing, tried all kinds of resolutions, tried different menu buttons and stuff. nothing changes anything at all.

edit2: btw i dont mean to offend or anything just saying.
KingOfHell
Neutral

Post by KingOfHell »

no one has any ideas? i really wanna play :(
valcik
Betatester

Post by valcik »

Make sure your DirectX 9.0c is up to date before trying DX modes.
Have you tried DDraw7 windowed mode too?
IIRC some antivirus didn't work well with ddraw.dll injection, are you running some by chance? If so, try turning it off temporarily.
KingOfHell
Neutral

Post by KingOfHell »

valcik wrote:Make sure your DirectX 9.0c is up to date before trying DX modes.
Have you tried DDraw7 windowed mode too?
IIRC some antivirus didn't work well with ddraw.dll injection, are you running some by chance? If so, try turning it off temporarily.
as i said i tried both directx and ddraw7. i dont have antivirus at all. i tried many graphical stuff but nothing changed anything so i kinda think it has something to do with something else, maybe not, i'll try some other stuff too, also my game is not in program files folder. as suggested in readme. i've read all the readmes about all the mods used in this mod. i've also checked all the ini configs.

edit: even original 8bit crashes.
edit2: even tried window mode, still same crash at same exact spot, when my character spawns and i guess i'm just gonna get the control of him i get that error and game just freezes, i can hear the music but i cant do anything.
KingOfHell
Neutral

Post by KingOfHell »

i got a new error "The Instruction at 68736d3f referenced memory at fffffffff The memory could not be read"

EDIT: OMFG i found what was the problem... i had bandicam running ... fuck my life it took me 3 hours to fix this shit.