[Solved] Could not load DirectX

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

kate
Neutral

[Solved] Could not load DirectX

Post by kate »

I am getting a DirectX error when I try to start fores.exe, it happens always.

Windows 10 Pro x64

The actual error in the dialog box is:
Fallout 1.5: Resurrection requires Windows XP or later with the latest DirectX 9.0c.
What is strange is that I have Fallout 2 installed, with the Killapp Restoration project 2.3.3. This runs and plays fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
valcik
Betatester

Re: Could not load DirectX

Post by valcik »

That's because killap's RP goes with DirectX libraries. You can either update your DirectX 9.0c through Microsoft web service or by downloading and installing redistributable package from link provided in Resurrection readme file, or simply try copying d3dx9_43.dll from your Fallout2 directory to Fallout2\Resurrection. (I'd suggest updating your DirectX)
kate
Neutral

Re: Could not load DirectX

Post by kate »

Thanks Valcik, that did solve the problem.

For anyone following with the same problem, the solution is to download the DirectX 9.0c files from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

They are dated from 2010.

Unpack to a folder on your desktop (create the folder first, say DirectX 9). This process will take a few minutes.

Then find the DXSetup.exe file in the folder, run this and it will sort everything out.

At this point, the options in the Game Config system will now all work and things will operate correctly.

Happy Gaming.