FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fallout mod help

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman

<<

jalliboy

Neutral

Posts: 9

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Fallout mod help

HI !

I have just installed the mod, and i am running it together with the GOG version of Fallout2.
I don`t know if this is where i am supposed to ask a question like this, but i am gonna give it a try :)


1.) After doing all that you can do in " Arroyo", or New Hope as the palce is called in this mod, you head out on the map. But this is where my first "bug" or " problem" comes in.
Every other second when walking on the map, i am being attacked by kamikaze cows which kills me instantly. Is this supposed to happen ? if not, how do it fix the " problem" ?

2.) when opening my pip boy to look at my quests, there are already many quests that has been done..
Rat hole
sedit
sedit-lost town
corath
albuquerque
imperial city
camp of mutants
rebirth base

All of them has quests done...


if some one can tell me what i have been doing wrong, Please tell me.
I also should add that i have never played this mod before, so there are no old savefiles here .

thanks in advance :)


ps.. i have read the " read me " files, but i cannot see anything about these things in there. i will have one more look to see if i have overlooked something :)
<<

Daemon

User avatar

Resurrection team member

Posts: 1142

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Fallout mod help

Hi!

I have never heard about problems like this before. This isn't how it is supposed to work.
When you write "Arroyo" do you mean actual Arroyo or that New Hope is the first town in the game as well?
What operation system are you using?

Do you have Resurrection folder with Resurrection files in Fallout 2 folder and are you launching fores.exe? Path to that files is supposed to be:
Fallout 2\Resurrection\fores.exe
Isn't possible that you have copied all Resurrection files directly into Fallout 2 folder instead of having them separately in Resurrection subfolder?
<<

jalliboy

Neutral

Posts: 9

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: Fallout mod help

Daemon wrote:Hi!

I have never heard about problems like this before. This isn't how it is supposed to work.
When you write "Arroyo" do you mean actual Arroyo or that New Hope is the first town in the game as well?
What operation system are you using?

Do you have Resurrection folder with Resurrection files in Fallout 2 folder and are you launching fores.exe? Path to that files is supposed to be:
Fallout 2\Resurrection\fores.exe
Isn't possible that you have copied all Resurrection files directly into Fallout 2 folder instead of having them separately in Resurrection subfolder?




i am using windows 10
Also i do start in New Hope. i did assume that was arroyo with a new name :P
I am also using the fallout 2 version that you can by on GOG( god ol games).

hmm.. when you mention it, i have just copied the files over in to the FO2 folder. Maybe that is where the problem is. :P
<<

Daemon

User avatar

Resurrection team member

Posts: 1142

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: Fallout mod help

jalliboy wrote:hmm.. when you mention it, i have just copied the files over in to the FO2 folder. Maybe that is where the problem is. :P

If you install Resurrection from the archive, you need to copy files from the archive with the folders as well. That way, Resurrection is separated from the original Fallout 2, files from Resurrection and Fallout 2 don't mix together, you still can play unchanged Fallout 2 as well.
<<

jalliboy

Neutral

Posts: 9

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Re: Fallout mod help

Daemon wrote:
jalliboy wrote:hmm.. when you mention it, i have just copied the files over in to the FO2 folder. Maybe that is where the problem is. :P

If you install Resurrection from the archive, you need to copy files from the archive with the folders as well. That way, Resurrection is separated from the original Fallout 2, files from Resurrection and Fallout 2 don't mix together, you still can play unchanged Fallout 2 as well.




thanks for the help :) it worked now ^^

Return to Fallout Resurrection - General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest