How to get access to Vault 16 in Imperial City?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

0wing
Accepted

How to get access to Vault 16 in Imperial City?

Post by 0wing »

Or there are no Vault 16 in the game?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: How to get access to Vault 16 in Imperial City?

Post by Daemon »

They may invite you in eventually regarding certain quest. Depends on your actions in Albuquerque.
0wing
Accepted

Post by 0wing »

Daemon wrote:They may invite you in eventually regarding certain quest. Depends on your actions in Albuquerque.
Who exactly?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

0wing wrote:
Daemon wrote:They may invite you in eventually regarding certain quest. Depends on your actions in Albuquerque.
Who exactly?
No one other than new ruler of the empire. But as I have mentioned, it depends on the other things, that I don't want to reveal myself.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

I got access to 3rd level of the Vault by joining Mutant Hunters. And what Mutant Hunters have to do with 3rd level of Vault 16? Join them and see for yourself. There's also nice story behind it.
stamstamstam
Accepted

Post by stamstamstam »

I found that being rejected by Aran simply because you paid a visit to the Mutant Hunters and applied, like 100% of the players would when visiting Albuquerque for the first time, felt like an arbitrary way to increase the replayability.
Going through all this only to be able to join the Imperial city is a tad too much, I think that as long you haven't joined the Mutant Hunters, Aran should give you a chance after everything you did for him.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

stamstamstam wrote:I found that being rejected by Aran simply because you paid a visit to the Mutant Hunters and applied, like 100% of the players would when visiting Albuquerque for the first time, felt like an arbitrary way to increase the replayability.
Going through all this only to be able to join the Imperial city is a tad too much, I think that as long you haven't joined the Mutant Hunters, Aran should give you a chance after everything you did for him.
Yeah, I can't enter Vault 16 and I'm a Mutant Hunter. Well, I think I will kill all the guards and enter after all, I only want to see how it looks like anyway :D Then I can reload save.
Hefarius
Accepted

Post by Hefarius »

Is there a way to enter level 1 & 2 from level 3 (Hunters side)?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Hefarius wrote:Is there a way to enter level 1 & 2 from level 3 (Hunters side)?
No.
necromonger
Liked

Post by necromonger »

Ractaros96 wrote:
stamstamstam wrote:I found that being rejected by Aran simply because you paid a visit to the Mutant Hunters and applied, like 100% of the players would when visiting Albuquerque for the first time, felt like an arbitrary way to increase the replayability.
Yeah, I can't enter Vault 16 and I'm a Mutant Hunter. Well, I think I will kill all the guards and enter after all, I only want to see how it looks like anyway :D Then I can reload save.
You can enter Vault 16 but not from above...

EDIT: But only the lowest level.
Last edited by necromonger on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

necromonger wrote:
Ractaros96 wrote:
You can enter Vault 16 but not from above...
Actually, in my second gameplay I've managed to help Aran and he let me inside.
ronn1e
Neutral

Post by ronn1e »

I've completed Aran's quest and i also didn't join mutant huters. Why Aran dont let me in vault 16?
Ractaros96
Idolized

Post by Ractaros96 »

ronn1e wrote:I've completed Aran's quest and i also didn't join mutant huters. Why Aran dont let me in vault 16?
Wait a little bit, then when you enter Albuquerque your Pip-Boy will let you know, just like with one of Advisor Elisa's missions.
laclongquan
Accepted

Post by laclongquan »

I think it's a matter of NPC placement and background telling,

You can arrange for the bar is between the exit zone and the hunter HQ, and a few NPC telling of the tense relation between Hunter and Empire. That would make it a fork in the road: do you follow the counterintelligence agent, or do you follow the Anon recruit agent, or ignore all that and get down the road to the Hunter HQ.

As it is, it's too natural to go straight up to the HUnter HQ and get into the Hunter route without knowing it will deny us of other route

Current placement: The Hunter HQ is between the Empire gate, and the two entry zone.
Alternative placement would be the bar and Chuck shop would be where the HQ is. A flip.
necromonger
Liked

Post by necromonger »

I believe there is a good reason for this. The devs wanted to create a realistic world where, the player should be cautious and think twice before making decisions just like in real life. Because in real life, there are negative consequences and no second chance most of the time when you make the wrong decisions. You just have to deal with this in real life. And simply by associating with the Mutant Hunters is a decision that affects your image even though you didn't join them. The Mutant Hunters are hated by most people in ABQ. The Mutant Hunters are like gangsters but gangsters who also have a mission to rid the world of mutants. I wouldn't say 100% of the players would associate with the Mutant Hunters if they know the nature of this game.